Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chapter 2

Johnny awoke to the buzzing of his alarm the next morning. 6:28 it read. He usually set his alarm at random intervals to surprise him from day to day. He never understood people's tendency to set clocks at dull, boring times like 6:00 or 6:15 or 6:30. But then again, Johnny was no ordinary man.

He turned off the alarm and sat up slowly, still basking in the pleasures of the previous night. He grabbed one of the roses from their lovemaking session and smelt it. It still smelled like love. He placed it delicately beside Lisa's still resting, still beautiful body, then left to get dressed. His buttocks rippled and twisted in the morning breeze.

Moments later he was dressed for work; a sharp suit and tie. Before he left for the day, though, he always made sure to kiss Lisa, his future wife, goodbye. She was awake and lying on her stomach, clutching on to the rose, when he reached in to kiss her.

"Did you like last night?" he asked.

"Yes, I did."

Johnny laughed. "Hahaha."

Lisa looked into his dark eyes. "Can I get you anything?"

"Uhmm, umm." muttered Johnny, "I have to go now."

Lisa smiled. "OK.

"OK bye"

"Bye." Lisa said.

And with that, Johnny was gone.

***

Lisa spent the next part of the morning getting ready for a lunch date she had with her mother. The two were still close. Her mother could be controlling, sure, maybe even a little manipulative, but she was still a woman wise beyond her advanced age. Lisa knew that if there were ever a time when she needed her support for something that her mother would be there with open arms and some kind words.

Now was one of those times.

A knocking came at the door and Lisa answered immediately. Sure enough, it was her mother.

"Hi, Mom. How are you?"

The mother and daughter embraced. Claudette was old and a lady. She had gray hair.

"I'm fine." she grabbed Lisa's chin, "how are you?"

Lisa was unresponsive. Evasive.

"Hm? OK." , she grabbed Lisa by the shoulders and walked her into the house,

"Lets go the couch and we will sit down."

The two sat.

"Now...what's happening with you? Hm?"

"Nothing much. Do you want some coffee?"

Claudette ignored the small talk.

"What's wrong? Tell me."

"I'm not feeling good today..."

"Oh why not?"

Lisa went for it. "I don't love him anymore."

Without missing a beat, Claudette replied " Why don't you love him anymore? Tell me." She had been expecting this for a while.

"He's so...boring."

"Well you've known him for over five years! You're engaged! You said you loved him. He supports you. He provides for you, and darling you can't support yourself!"
Claudette knew more than most that, because she was a woman, Lisa could not do anything on her own.

Lisa grimaced.

"He's a wonderful man and he loves you very much." Claudette leaned in and patted Lisa on the legs, "And his position is very secure. And he told me he plans to buy you a house."

"That's why he's so boring!" Lisa retorted.

"Well what are you going to do?"

"I don't know...", Lisa smiled, bitchily, "I don't mind living with him."

"Well you can't do that! Have you talked to him about it?"

Lisa frowned. "No. I don't know what to do."

Claudette, however, did.

"Well, he's a wonderful person! And he's getting a promotion very soon. Now he bought you a car, he bought you a ring, clothes, whatever you wanted. Now you want to dump him! That's not right. I've always thought of him as my son in law!"

If there was one thing Claudette hated, it was change. If there was two things, it was change and women. Women couldn't accomplish anything on their own. Not without a man they couldn't.

"You should marry Johnny, he would be good for you!"

"I guess you're right about that." Lisa conceded.

"Well, of course I'm right. I know men. I wasn't born yesterday. I'm glad your listening to your mother! No body else listens to me!"

Lisa grinned. "You're probably right about that, Mom." Lisa, despite enjoying her mother's company, knew that most people hated her a lot.

"Well I'm glad you're listening to your mother."

She rose from her seat.

"Listen, I've got to go. But you remember what I told you, OK?"

Lisa said nothing.

"Hm, hm? Bye, bye now."

And with that, Claudette was gone.

Lisa shook her head. "Thanks Mom."

***

Moments later, Lisa was dialing her phone, sitting at a small table near an opened window, the breeze fluttering in across her skin. On the table lay two framed photos of spoons. Johnny was a huge fan of cutlery. Forks. Knives. Certain variety of chop sticks. Spoons, however, tickled his utensil fancy most of all. Framed photos of them littered the room. Add that to the reasons Johnny is so boring, Lisa thought as she listened to the dial tone.

"Hello." the voice on the other end was Mark's, Johnny's best friend. He was handsome, his face covered in a handsome beard. He wore handsome sunglasses and drove his car.

"Hey baby, how you doing?" Lisa purred.

"Oh, hey, how are you doing? Yeah, I'm very busy, what's going on?" Mark liked Lisa fine. In fact, he'd noticed in recent days that she was very beautiful and looked great in a red dress, but he was at work, making good money and that had to come first.

"I just finished talking to my Mom, she gave me this big lecture about Johnny."

"Look, we'll talk about it later, I told you I'm very busy." Mark was right in the middle of some important work-related driving, and couldn't afford the time this call was costing him.

"We'll talk about it now. Whenever you say 'we'll talk about it later', we never do. I can't wait till later. I want to talk, right now. You owe me one anyway." Lisa was referring to the fact that three days earlier she had masturbated him to the point of climax while Johnny was at work.

Mark recalled the incident fondly. "OK, all right, what do you want to talk about?"

"She's a stupid bitch. She wants to control my life. I'm not going to put up with that. I'm going to do what I want to do, and that's it."

She paused.

"What do you think I should do?"

"Well why do you ask me?" Mark said, choosing to ignore the complete contradiction in Lisa's statement, "You know you've been very happy with Johnny. What do you want me to say, I mean, you should enjoy your life!"

Silence from Lisa's end of the call.

"What's the problem?" Mark inquired.

"Maybe...you're right. Can I see you tomorrow?"

Mark didn't hesitate.
"OK, all right. How about noon?"

"I'll be waiting for you. Bye..." Lisa seduced.

"All right, see ya." Mark hung up the phone immediately. Back to work.

Lisa put the receiver down. She also had some work to do.
She had some candles, music and a sexy dress to buy for tomorrow at noon.

3 comments:

  1. Holy shit, I'm actually gone read this entire thing! The only thing more frightening is taking the time to WRITE this! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog is a great gift to humanity and i would like to thank you for sharing your genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wednesday forum thanks you.

    ReplyDelete